Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankfulness

I attempted to write something at approximately 11:58 last night. But with only 2 minutes I didn't think I could do justice for anything that I'm really thankful for. So I just went to sleep. Yesterday I was thankful for my ability to walk. It's the little things. The things you don't even think about. The things you take for granted. I have been reminded of this through 2 very powerful ways this week. On Sunday as I stood to worship and raised my right arm, I realized that less than 6 months ago I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to do that again. Then on Wednesday, Chaselyn went to BSF with Mrs. Laura and came home having learned the story of Barnabas and Paul healing the lame man. The memory verse for the week is "He had faith to be healed" Acts 14:9. Again I was struck with an appreciation for my working legs. Today I am thankful for weekends. I can't wait for the weekend. My family spending time together. Watching some football. I think Stanton's even planning on grilling tonight. It's an amazing time. And then on Sunday we'll get up and go to church. We love our church family. Then Sunday afternoons are usually spent cleaning or resting. I love the weekends!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Oh the seeds being sewn in Cake's heart - and yours too! What a blessing!

    2) I am also thankful you can walk and raise your arms. It's a precious, precious reminder of how frail our bodies are in comparison to the strength of our spirit. I'm so pleased your body is getting stronger! =)

    ReplyDelete