Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 11

I've been waiting for-ev-er to write this post. Today I am thankful for MaryAnn, more familiarly known as MA. I love MA. She's my bestie. I'm not really sure when our friendship blossomed. MA says she can remember the first day she saw me, I don't remember. Our friendship evolved over doorway conversations about her amazing daughter, tasty things to eat, and the occasional conversation about statistics. Then once we realized we shared a common devotion to God and our families our conversations got a little more intimate. She entrusted me with her most prized possessions, Caroline, and I knew I was in.

She was there for me when I was tired of working. She was there for me when I just needed a quick laugh. She was there for me through 2 pregnancies. She was there for me during the transition time between student and grown-up. And even though she's a few 100  miles away, she's still there for me. She's always been there when I need her. She can just tell when something is off. She knows me. She gets me.

I've never had a friend like MA before, and I don't think I ever will again. So, I'm just gonna keep her.

1 comment: