Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Days 5 - 8

So I actually did write something on Saturday, but it was lost somehow the internets froze up and it was lost. On Saturday the 5th, I was thankful for football games and all the things that go along with it. I was thankful that on Friday night we were able to enjoy the homecoming festivities and that continued on Saturday with the parade. Up in Fayetteville, I know there was tailgating family and friends. And the weather in the fall is the perfect complement to the activities. Then there is the actual game. College football is my favorite sport. I think it's the young men giving it their all just for the honor of winning. On Sunday the 6th, I was very thankful for my church family. We recently found out that there is a good chance that we will be moving in the coming year. It tears my heart out to think about leaving my new family. I already had to leave my biological family a few years ago with the promise that we would be back in a few years. Of course that last part was not actually fulfilled, but by the time we realized that we wouldn't be going back to AR we had already gained a new family down here. This family has been with us through it all just as my biological family. They were there through 2 pregnancies, 2 babies, numerous prayer requests, and when I was diagnosed with cancer it was my church family who was able to take care of the little things so my biological family could focus on me and my needs. They have watched my kids. They fed my family. They have shared in our joy. They have shared in our sorrows. We have grown in the love of God so much while at this church, it is the first church I've been able to call home. On Monday the 7th, I was thankful for my Mommy. My mom came down to Waco again to help me take care of the kids and the house while I take my chemo. I love having my mom here. She just gets me. She understands how I think (you know because she raised me and all). She can commiserate with my cancer pains, since she herself has been fighting cancer since August 2010. She has managed to be away from her husband for weeks at a time, without complaint. She's there, or here, for me whenever I call. She's my Mommy and I'm just starting to find out what that really means. Today the 8th I am thankful for these ease of communication these days. I can write one post and people all over the world can read it. With email, text messages, cell phones, etc. we can quickly disperse information. Sometimes the information is important like the news of new babies on the way and sometimes it is just ridiculous and pointless. But no matter what you have to say there is a medium for you to get the message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment