Monday, April 6, 2009

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!

Warning, the video you are about to watch has an extremely catchy tune and it will stick in your head all day. But in my opinion it's totally cute and makes me smile.



Yes, Stanton and I have already started Chaselyn on a healthy dose of morning cartoon watching. Really, she only watches them for about 15 minutes at most in the morning. It's what she does while we get our bags packed and stuff in the morning. Before we were treated to My Friends Tigger and Pooh. But Disney changed the line-up and it looks like we'll be hearing the hot dog song before we leave for work in the mornings. I'm honestly embarassed that we have Chaselyn watching cartoons so early, but it's really cute to watch her watch them. If she's sitting in her Bumbo seat, she looks like such the little person. She has that intense stare watching the colors move across the screen. You can tell she's taking it all in. Sometimes she likes to respond to the characters by laughing, squealing, or just babbling. It's pretty neat!

While I feel a bit of embarassment for entertaining Chaselyn in such a way, I then realize that I should probably be more embarassed that I'm using her as an excuse for me to watch kiddie cartoons. It will be a while before she understands what is going on, but in the meantime I can laugh at the silliness of it all! I found myself "participating" with the cartoons on a couple of occasions already, of course only for Chaselyn's sake.

I don't remember much of my childhood. Actually, I don't remember much of anything, so kids cartoons are giving me a link to my past. I mostly remember a little of Sesame Street and then beyond that I think the tv was mostly under the control of my older brothers watching things like "G.I. Joe", "Pro-Stars", and "He-Man". Just wait until Chaselyn is old enough to watch the great cartoons like "CareBears", "My Little Pony", "Strawberry Shortcake", etc. I'll be buying up seasons of classics on DVDs. I do not appreciate the remakes that they have done from what I've seen so far. I haven't paid much attention to the older kid cartoons, but from what I can tell, they're all Anime type stuff. :( I'm not too sure about all of that.

Anyway, I'll just take it one step at a time for now and enjoy a Hot Dog Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment