Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy baby

Chaselyn is really growing! I especially notice how big she is already when I put her in her carseat in the morning. I remember how little she was when we first brought her home. We needed extra padding around her head and her little feet were no where near the edge of the seat. But now, she's HUGE. We figure she's about 17.5 lbs by now and over 25 inches long. Although she won't be 5 months old until Thursday, she's already wearing the 6-9 month old clothes.


And it's not just her physical growth that's so amazing, it's her mental growth too. She has quite the intense focus face. Her brow gets all wrinkled and she gets this intense stare and you know she's really trying learn and take it all in. It makes me worry about what all she's seeing already. But she laughs and babbles and coos. She just started making rasberry sounds, but hasn't quite perfected them. So it's still amazingly cute when I can catch one.


Have I mentioned that I love being a mom?! It's so amazing! It's a feeling unlike any other. For example...the past few nights Chaselyn has regressed back to needing food every two hours. It's really starting to wear on me. I'm real tired. But no matter how much I don't sleep, no matter how much she kicks me while she's eating, no matter how many times she wakes me up, I wouldn't have it any other way. A little smile, a little laugh and it just makes all my frustrations melt away. It's the most amazing thing. Believe me, I usually don't let go so easily. It's insane really. I am not looking forward to the time when I have to enforce any kind of discipline. It's going to take some real will power. I'll worry about those mommy instincts kicking in later. For now its all about the sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment