Sunday, March 15, 2009

Broken Break

It's the end of another spring break, and as usual, I'm not at all looking forward to getting back to work. I feel more disappointed this year than any other. First, going into it all, I knew that Stanton wouldn't be able to join Chaselyn and I so things were going to be off any way. By Sunday afternoon, I couldn't talk at all. My throat had been scratchy and then I just had no voice. By Tuesday, I had congestion and pressure building in my head. I wasn't feeling real bad, just bothered by the constant sniffling. So, Tuesday we went to town and tried to find some Easter clothes. No success, but we had a good time. Wednesday I felt horrible. I just wanted to sleep all day. My papa wanted to take the family out to dinner, so I took my box of tissues and went along. I was supposed to take Chaselyn up to see the Greers that night, but they were nice enough to make the trip out to my parents house to visit.

In the meantime, Stanton had been working essentially non-stop. I only got to talk with him for about 10 minutes a day, and about all he knew was that it was looking like he wouldn't have time to come and get me at the end of the week. Both my parents and Stanton's parents offered to take me back, so it wasn't a big issue, but that meant that we wouldn't get to go to baseball again. That meant I wouldn't get to see my niblings or my brothers again. (By the way in case you're not familiar, niblings is a term used to collectively identify nieces and nephews.) And it also meant that Stanton would essentially get to have no fun during the spring break time. I know thats what happens when you get a real job, but its still not fun.

Back to the weeks activities. On Thursday, I was back to just sniffling and some congestion, so we all went to Hot Springs to watch the Charleston Lady Tigers in the state championship game. They won, so it was pretty fun. I also got to see some ice on the trees on the way. Friday was spent mostly with Grandma Schluterman and going up on Mount Magazine. It was pretty, but the aforementioned ice that was on the trees was now melting and so it wasn't really safe to be under any trees. Therefore, we opted to view the scenery from the confines of the truck. After the mountain, my family took Chaselyn and I over to the Greers. We stayed there and then Debbie drove us to her sisters house in Plano where we met up with Stanton. We didn't actually get home until around 9 or so. Today we went to church and I just tried to rest. Stanton did some more work. We are both very tired and not at all ready for the busy two weeks we have ahead. I'm still not feeling teriffic. And poor Stanton is looking forward to his next day to rest which won't be until Thursday, March 26th.

All that being said. It was nice to be at home for a while and have my mom and dad take care of me when I wasn't feeling great. I know they enjoyed having time with Chaselyn too. I wish Stanton could have come, but he was able to get a lot of work done. And had Chaselyn and I been here, we probably would have been more of a distraction than a real help.

Now we're just praying we can make it through the next two weeks, which include Chaselyn turning 4 months old, Chaselyn getting her 4 month old shots, Stanton spending the weekend at a conference in D.C., and then a conference in Arlington. I hope that I can get over this cough and congestion and more importantly that Chaselyn and Stanton don't catch it.

I promise that in the future I'll write about more interesting things. But right now all I can think about is what I experience. I don't have the luxury of excess brain capacity to formulate opinions on important matters right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment