Friday, October 30, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

Thanks to a way back friend who I've been able to keep up with through blogging (her blog is hilarious, you should go!) I was tagged to list some of my favorite things. Unfortunately, I am not as cool and into new things as she is, but I figure my favorites may shed some light to my world as it is now. So here we go...

The rules: share five things you are obsessed with, and then pass the award on to five of the most fabulous blogs you read!

Numero Uno: Fall, Autumn, Harvest - however you put it, it actually exists to some degree in TX this year and it's about to make me go CRAZY!! Never before have I been one of those people who have their Christmas lights up before Halloween is even over. But this weather is playing tricks on my brain. I had to buy some fall decorations this year to satisfy my decorating desires. I am so excited about this holiday season! Since the weather has been cool and refreshing, not hot and oppressing as it usually is, I feel like we should already be packing up to go home for Thanksgiving.

Next: Esty.com - "Your place to buy and sell all things handmade" I haven't actually purchased anything, but I have spent hours...er...days browsing around. It's such a good place to find some very unique items, check it out. I'm thinking of some personalized bloomers for Chaselyn's first birthday.



me 3: BabyLegs - And no I'm not just talking about the cute little chubby stumps that extend down from Chaselyn's torso, I'm talking about these:

These are not my precious baby's legs, but I got Chaselyn some of these rainbow colored fuzzy ones. And I bought her a jean skirt this week to go with them. I figure they'll be great for fall when it's cool in the mornings but warmer inside and mid-day. I can't wait to see how they look on her. (Disclaimer - Though the website proposes that these can be worn by the whole family, I think these could be added as #11 on the previous post.)

FOUR! : Amazon wishlists. Did you know you can create a list on Amazon and add anything from anywhere on there. I made one for Chaselyn's 1st birthday and have just been adding things as they come to mind. Or after I see something in the store, I can go home find it and put it on there. And even if you don't send it to people like a registry for Christmas gifts, you can use it to keep up with things that you think about that you like, so when the inevitable question of "What would you like for Christmas/ birthday?" arises, you have a list ready to go.

funf: My pocket size camera. I demanded that I have a camera that was small enough to carry around in a purse and preferrably in my pocket before Chaselyn was born. And I am glad that I did. You never know what kind of craziness kids are going to get into, or when there's just something that you want to have a record of. I have a TERRIBLE memory, and Stanton has the uncanny ability to recall what people were eating and decorations on the wall for seemingly obscure times in his life. For years, we relied on a digital camera that he had that rarely worked right and sucked the life out of batteries in no time. Every time there were issues, I got so frustrated, but to him it wasn't a big deal. Finally after about 5 years of marriage I was able to convey my dependency on pictures to hold my memories. Since then we got a nice fancy camera that he uses, and my little pocket camera that doesn't take as high quality pictures, but has been the source of many great joys. I love to be able to whip it out and catch candid shots of our family. For instance, who thinks of taking a camera to the grocery store? I don't, but I'm glad I did, because I was able to catch the joy on Chaselyn's face in her first shopping cart ride.

Ooooh, bonus round: I love the movie Elf, and once I hear "Jovie" sing "Baby it's cold outside", you probably don't want to be near me until about halfway through January. I was recently told that the actress who plays Jovie, Zooey Deschanel put out a new album as part of a duet called She & Him. She has a smooth and beautiful voice. I was very much enjoying my Pandora station based on her until I ran out of my 40 hours for this month (that would be a #1 on a least favorite things list).



So that's it. Yes, it's essentially all related back to my baby, but she's my #1 obsession right now. And besides I've never been a person to set major trends. Also, this list is a kind of a fad obsession to me. My regular obsessions include: God, family, Arkansas, Razorback sports, Tigger, Disney World, etc.

Oops almost forgot! I've got to tag people. Now I feel very limited on people to suggest, because I don't know who reads my blog. And most of the people who I do know who read it, do not blog themselves. So... first on the list is:

1) Anyone who has been thinking about starting a blog, but doesn't really know what to write about. Start here, and let me know how it goes.

2) Allison at Hammond Happenings (she's a great story teller, but honestly it's probably better if you can hear her voice and imagine her full body expressions as you read along)

3) Christi at Him and Her and Little Him (adorable pictures and honest revelations)

4) Charree at Held in His Hands (busy with a newborn, but wonderful recipes and inspiring perspectives on the beauty all around us)

5) Rachel at Rachel's Ramblings (that's right Goober, I'm calling you out...get back into blogging!)

No comments:

Post a Comment