Monday, May 10, 2010

Extremely Blessed

Since about the day I found out Jacob's due date, I had been praying that my Mother's day present would be the best and most appropriate Mother's day gift...our new baby. I had a feeling throughout my pregnancy that Jacob would come early. And not only was he here in time for Mother's Day, he came early enough so that I could sit comfortably at home and hold him and feel good enough to play with our other wonderful bundle of joy. On top of that, he timed it so that I got to be with my mom on Mother's day. God has perfect timing indeed.

For my second Mother's day, I got to love on my 2 fantastic kiddos. The day started out nice and slow. Stanton, Jacob and I all slept in while Granny, Papa and Rachel entertained Chaselyn for a while in the morning. I heard there was some reading and other playing, but I know her first stop was a few trips down the slide we got from Uncle Josh and Aunt Heather.

After we got up and relaxed we went for lunch (Papa's treat). First stop: Olive Garden - 1.5 hour wait. Ummm, no thanks. Second stop: Bari's- we were there at 11:40, but they didn't open until noon. So I guess it was a 20 minute wait, but much more worth it. Despite Chaselyn being overdue for her nap, she did very good. And the minor meltdowns were handled in stride by Papa. After lunch we made a quick trip by Wal-Mart to get a few things for Jacob and some little things for Chaselyn. By the time we got back it was well past nap time for Chaselyn. Not too much later Granny, Papa and Rachel had to leave. It was sad to see them go. But they all had to get back for work on Monday (Yes, even Rachel gets to join the real worldfor her 19th birthday).

Then, there we were. Our family of 4 all by ourselves. It was a nice beginning, peaceful, both kids were asleep. Stanton and I were actually able to sit and rest and break in our new Netflix for Wii subscription. Then after nap time, we had a wonderful evening of play time, a nice dinner of yummy leftovers from the week of cooking by the grandma's, and great story time. Somewhere during playtime, Chaselyn gave me one of the most special presents. We tried to recreate the preciousness on camera, but it was a one time deal. Chaselyn and Daddy were playing a game with an empty paper towel tube. Stanton would make a noise and then Chaselyn would copy. It started out with raspberry noises, then growls, then hoots, and then it happened. Stanton said "I love Mommy!" into the tube and Chaselyn mimicked "Ah ahhh Momma!" It was the sweetest, funniest, most precious thing. A very special mother's day gift.

Stanton went a step further and got me some other prizes. I had seen an outfit at Sears a while back that said "Mommy's Snugglesaurus" on it. Jacob has already racked up quite a bit of clothing for himself, and any gaps that may be there have been filled by loaners from friends. So I passed on it at the time. But when I had Jacob in my arms and especially when we have nice cuddle time, I knew I wanted that shirt for him. And so Stanton went and got it and surprised me with not only that shirt, but another outfit set that says "Snugglesaurus". I'm sure this will embarass him like crazy when he's older, but for now it's just too darn cute.


The day ended with a movie and cookies prepared by my fantastic husband and even placed on our "Special Plate". It was truly a fantastic day! The only way it could have been better would have been to share the day with the other fantastic Moms in our lives, especially Stanton's mom.

And before you start thinking that clothes for the baby is not enough for a Mommy of two, there's more. Here's a sneak peek of my real Mother's day present.

So, a Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you mom's out there. I hope you had a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment