Saturday, May 12, 2012

To my Momma...


Mom,

Just wanted to write a little note to thank you especially for all that you have done this past year. I really cannot begin to express how much I have appreciated your willingness to just be there for me and the kids at the drop of a hat. But more than that, you have done it all while not only dealing with your daughter having brain cancer, but also dealing with your own cancer treatments. I cannot imagine what it was like to get the call last May. Just to hear that your daughter has cancer. But in some strange way, I think you were prepared. You were kicking cancers' butt and now you could help me to do the same. It's been extra special to commiserate with my own mom about the not so lovely details of treatments.  You are truly an amazing mom, and I wish I could be there in person to tell you this, but we both know that I wouldn't be able to get the words out.

I have said it before and I will say it again, you really can't begin to appreciate the love that your parents have for you until you have your own kids. Thank you for loving me when I was misbehaving. Thank you for encouraging me to stand on my own. Thank you for letting me fall down but being there to help me up if I needed. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for the unconditional love you have shown. Thank you for being you.

Happy Mother's Day Mommy! I love you and miss you so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment