Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Little Jacob, Little Jacob


So some of you may be wondering what happened to Jacob's 2 month update. Other's (like me) are thinking 2 months?! That can't be. But it's true. Our little man is growing up. Today, is what I was waiting for though. Today, he got his 2 month check-up including 5 shots. Owie! Apparently, for once, something in our house is normal. Jacob is 12 lbs. 3 oz. and 23 inches long. That puts him right at the 50% mark in both weight and height. And he has a head size that's right on the 50th percentile as well. So, if you line up all the 2 year olds in the US according to weight, height or head size Jacob would be right there in the middle.

Jacob is a baby now for sure. He coos and smiles. He looks around. He can follow you across the room and hold on tight to whatever you put in his hand. He's sleeps pretty good. Most nights I can get about 4.5 - 5 hours in one stretch. Most other times he goes about 3 hours between feedings. If we bottle feed him, he eats about 4 oz. at a time. He's an excellent snuggler and loves to take mid morning naps with Mommy on the couch.

Appearance wise, he's starting to become more of a balance between the two of us. When he was born we thought he was very Schluterman looking. But, now I see so much of Chaselyn in him and I know Chaselyn looks very much like her Daddy. But then again, maybe I'm biased. I think it's hard to say if someone looks like you. I'll post pictures soon. (I'm currently unable to locate a transfer card.) I've added pictures of my two babies in the same outfit both at 2 months. Jacob seems bigger because of the angle and because of the padding. Chaselyn had an actual bassinet bumper, Jacob's is a full size crib bumper wrapped around. Aren't they great!


So that's it. 2 month olds are pretty amazing, but they don't actually do much.

p.s. Most of you who read this blog also gave us some wonderful gifts for Jacob. I apologize for not getting the thank you notes outs. I really hope to have them done and shipped by Monday.

1 comment:

  1. "So, if you line up all the 2 year olds in the US according to weight, height or head size Jacob would be right there in the middle." - 2YEAR olds?! he must be huge!! haha

    ReplyDelete