Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jacob one month and counting.


Jacob is actually one month and one week now, so I'm a little late. I've already beat myself up enough about not being on top of things this early on. But hey, now that I've already messed up with posting his updates on time, I might not feel as bad in the future when I don't make it. It won't be like I'm messing up a perfect streak or something.


So, what can you say about a one month old? He does just what he's supposed to at an amazingly high level. He sleeps wonderfully. He's been asleep for most of his life. Jacob's just now getting to where he has some good solid awake time throughout the day. He wakes up every 2-3 hours to eat, but quickly goes back to sleep. We've had a few episodes of crazy inconsolable crying, but we have been able to manage with some Mylicon drops and a healthy dose of patience. He eats very well. And is usually a happy little fella for a while after he's done. And his pipes are surely working. I've become convinced that he genuinely opposes a fresh diaper. As soon as I get a new one on, I hear more little toots.

Developmentally, he's getting much stronger. He's really able to hold his head up quite well now. He's also getting more into deep sleeps for longer times and staying awake more too. And of course, he's growing. After about 3 weeks, he lost that "newborn" look and became a little baby boy. He's growing quickly and getting stronger everyday.We figure he's a little over 8 lbs. now.


For a one month old, he's gone quite a few places and met a lot of people. He went to church on his 2 week birthday and met lots of people. He went to work with Mommy and Daddy. And he made his first trip home to AR for Uncle Heath and Aunt Kimberly's wedding.

Jacob,

I can't begin to tell you how much we love you and how happy you make us. You are such a blessing to the whole family. You bring out the best in each one of us. We promise to do our best to raise you in a loving home and provide for your every need. We prayed for you before we even knew about you. And we continue to pray that you will grow to love the Lord above all.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment