Friday, March 26, 2010

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down

Anyone who has seen me in the past couple of weeks is now fully sure that I am indeed going to have a baby. There's no mistaking my large belly for a beer gut or maybe just putting on a few pounds. I have a baby belly. And I love it...most of the time.


Sure my back hurts a lot lately. And yes, I'm already sitting right around the weight I was when Chaselyn was born. And I'm pretty sure Jacob found a way to kick me in the spine last night. And maybe I do waddle like a duck if I don't concentrate on how I'm walking. And sometimes I can't get up off the couch without some help or rolling myself out.

On the upside, I get to feel the most amazing little kicks, punches, rolls, and hiccups inside my belly. And the bump provides a nice little shelf for Chaselyn to sit on. And I have a constant reminder of the wonderfulness of God's creation. And I can pretty much play the pregnancy card at any time to get a way with a lot, like not cooking dinner, taking naps in the middle of the day, getting out of household chores, etc.

Jacob Logan is growing, and because I already feel like I'm big, I think he must be big too. This only encourages that rouge part of my brain to entertain the idea of him coming out earlier than mid-May. I keep telling myself that it's not going to happen and I'm going to have to wait the full 40 weeks, but I honestly can't shake the feeling that he'll be here sooner.

I don't know much about what's going on in there though. I've had a couple appointments since the gender ultra-sound, but for those I've just been weighed (big jump in the last 4 weeks), the doctor measures my belly (right on track), and they listen for Jacob's heartbeat (holding steady at 163). And that's all I know.

So that's how things are going with little Jacob. 32 weeks down, 8 more to go.

p.s. Chaselyn's 16 month update should be appearing soon. We've run into some technical difficulties in the processing. I rely on pictures to remember what we've done in the past month and the pictures keep getting left on the hard drive in Stanton's office. It will be done this weekend though.

No comments:

Post a Comment