Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dear Chaselyn,

You're only six months old, and already mommy is behind on keeping up with everything. I truly meant to write this to you on your actual 6 month birthday, but better late than never I suppose. I wanted to let you know how much you amaze me and your daddy every day. We can see that you are really starting to learn. You study things and figure them out. You're getting very good at grabbing things and getting them to your mouth. And when we let you loose on the ground, you can roll in every direction and solve the puzzle of rolls and rotations on your belly to get to where you want to go. Based on what we've seen and reports from the day care, you apparently like to get yourself under things...the foot rest on the recliner, cribs in the nursery, and exersaucers. Speaking of exersaucers, thats where you really like to show your stuff. Every evening you spend about an hour in your seat playing with rings, a crinkle/squeaky book, and Jingle Pig. These keep you very content until you loose them in the gap between the seat and your belly. You test your vocal cords and learn new sounds. Lately, you sound like a motorboat usually, making noises by blowing air between your lips. You also just started making little "ba-ba" noises occassionally, but can't be coaxed to make them on demand.


Other milestones include eating big girl foods. Mommy has only given you rice and oatmeal cereals, but within the next week, you'll start on veggies! And on May 14, we felt your first tooth breaking through. Now we can actually see it (although it usually makes you very angry when we try to get a peek). Yesterday, you went for your 6 month wellness check. You weigh 17 lbs. 11 oz. and are 26.75 in long. Your head is still quite large for your age, but based on the genes you've got floating around, I'm sure that will still be the case whenever you read this.

You get more amazing everyday. You give great hugs and give mommy and daddy sweet kisses...which are large open mouthed slobbery signs of affection, but we love them nonetheless. You love Holly too. You watch her intensely as she roams around the room. You love to pet her (actually, it's more of a grab), and a couple of times you've tried to get a taste of her. She likes to lick you, mainly in the face, but also your hands and feet. Holly always checks on you first as we walk in the door after being away at school.

As for your daddy and me, you have taught us so much already. We're learning and growing right along with you. All the parenting cliches are really true...you are growing up so fast, I never knew this kind of love until you, and my whole outlook on life has changed. On a lighter note, I have learned that I have a great affinity for polka dots (this is evidenced by your closet). We're just now transitioning you into your crib from your co-sleeper. You are doing good with it. Daddy and I are getting used to sharing the wake-up responsibilities. Mommy is still debating the merits of having a job and staying home with you. The more you grow, the more I miss and the more I want to be there all the time. But then there are times when I feel that it's too big of a responsibility to be your sole teacher. I want you to learn from a variety of sources, and I'm not sure how well I can provide that.

So Chaselyn, I hope that someday you read this and can sense the love and care that your daddy and I have for you. I hope it gives you a little snapshot to what your life is at this point in time.

We love you very much!

Love,
Us

No comments:

Post a Comment