|Notice the awesome welcome sign!|
|Isn't she beautiful!|
|Time to stretch and work out.|
Our friends are such a reading family. It's a trait not really possessed by my family.
|MA and Cake reading one of the Little Mister books|
|Caro reading to Chaselyn. BTW, this photo was taken stalker style from the indoors.|
|The gang's all together and ready for adventures.|
|Chris and Jacob looking dinosaur-ish.|
|Caro and Chaselyn playing in the play house.|
|Chris and Chaselyn bonding over a book. This was one of the first times Chaselyn didn't run from Chris. From this point on, they were best buds.|
|Getting my Pac-Man on and educating my children.|
|Girls and a fast car.|
|Jacob play time!|
|Water fun for Jacob.|
|Big sister ready to help|
|We swapped kids for a while so that we could do some science exploration with Caro.|
|Concentrating on the sand|
|His 3rd ariplane ride.|
|My little dinosaur.|
|Dinosaur time with Daddy.|
|The reason for the NCAA. Apparently this formation was killing people and lead to the formulation of regulations and rules.|
|I believe the prompt was something like - pretend you just won the NCAA Wrestling Championship.|
|The gang's all full.|
|So proud of her purple tulips and fontina cheese.|
C: My Mommy is here not.
MA: She stayed home to take care of Jacob.
C: Do I still get a buggy?
And that's what it takes to comfort my little girl if she's missing her Mommy - her own shopping cart at the grocery store.
So as we realized that the sickness Stanton and I were suffering from was more than just being over-tired. We decided to load up on the Xango juice and preventative meds. The picture below is from our last night with our friends. The kids were in bed. Chris was on a late night run to the pharmacy to load up on ZiCam. So the three of us toasted with our special juice. Stanton set up the camera on a timer, placed it in the microwave, and tried not cough while we waited for the camera.
Here's a recap for my records of what the 5 days held for our fun trip.
Saturday, March 5th
- Leave Waco 4:30, drive to Dallas Love Field for 7:30 flight. Stopped in St. Louis, changed planes with a little layover in Chicago. Jacob had his first taste of McDonald's chicken nuggets and french fries.
- Arrive in Indianapolis at 2:00 to wonderful smiles, big hugs and an amazing sign. At this point I was utterly exhausted and not feeling well at all. The kids were rested and ready to go.
- Easy evening on Saturday. A lovely dinner and entertainment provided by Chaselyn and Caroline and their dress up clothes. We went to be a little early to try to prevent the illness from ruining the rest of the trip.
- Upon waking Stanton tells me that he thinks I'm sick because I burned him by touching him last night.
- Everyone except the Greer girls went to church. I stayed home to try to get my strength up and we just weren't sure how Chaselyn would deal with going to nursery during church with strangers.
- Lunch and naps were enjoyed by most.
- First trip to the Children's museum. We did the play area with the awesome house, ice cream shop, and tree house. Also large books where Chris and Chaselyn bonded, and a play area with different video games from the different decades.
- Caro left for school more quietly than I could have imagined. The rest of us slept in a bit.
- Trader Joe's trip. We got some tasty treats and found Lucy the Lemur to get a free snack. Chaselyn LOVED having her own little buggy.
- After Caro was out of school we got cuppy cakes and headed for round 2 of the museum.
- This time the Greer kids played in the area for kids 5 and under - sand, water, cushy climbing area. While the Greer adults played with Caro in the Science exhibit - pool ball machine, water buckets, bulldozer w/ rocks, underground tunnel with slide.
- NCAA museum for the guys while the girls rested some more and got the kids ready. By this point Stanton was hacking and coughing and starting to really seem pretty bad.
- Guys took the kids to the dino and train exhibits. Girls went to tour Lilly. I loved getting to see a little inside MA's world. Not only will I now know what she's talking about with some of her work stories, but I can also now understand that all large companies that employ statisticians don't just lock them all in a large warehouse of cubicles. It was such a joy to hear her excitement and know how great she was doing. I mean if she had to be uprooted and taken away from me, there had better be a good reason for it.
- After school Caro, Chaselyn and MA took trip 2 to Trader Joe's.
- Our goodnight toast with our fancy glasses and Stanton trying not to ruin our pic.
- We didn't do our planned tour of Lucas Oil Stadium. Stanton and I were both barely hanging on.
- We had a leisurely morning of packing and chatting and wrapping things up.
- Depart Indianapolis at 3:30. Change planes in Chicago. Stop in Little Rock.
- Arrive back at Love Field 8:15.
- Back at the Greer house 11:00ish.
- Send the kids to day care.
- Stanton and I rest and go to the doctor to be diagnosed with bronchitis.