Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back in the saddle

So you know how when you go without seeing or talking with some friends for a long time it's kind of awkward and it seems like so much has happened that you just stick with the regular small talk when you finally do talk to them again. But then there are other friends that regardless of how long it's been, you know that you could call them any time and pick up right where you left off and feel totally comfortable telling your deepest darkest secret. I am blessed to have 3 very special friends that fit the second description. These 3 friends were some of the first people called with the joyous news, like when I was giving birth, and with the not so fun news, like when I was diagnosed with cancer. These girls dropped everything they were doing and ran to my side. And these girlfriends can't just come by the house.

And how have I thanked these awesome ladies lately? By not responding to emails, being unavailable when they call, not posting blogs to let them know I'm ok, not even keeping a general update on Facebook, and pretty much being an all time bad friend. And I don't think I'll ever really know what it feels like to just not know how someone you love and care for who was recently diagnosed with cancer is doing. At least I hope I never do.

So to those very special ladies, I am sorry. I am sorry for any extra pain I may have caused by being so inconsiderate. I am sorry for leaving you wondering if I was ok. I will try to do better.

Thanks to the encouragement by one of those lovely chicas I have recommitted to my blog. I will keep all of blogland more up to date with the goings on in the Greer home. And going back to what I thought I was going write about. I started the blog wanting to contrast two types pf friends and compare that to how I feel about blogging again. I was afraid to get back in the saddle, but after writing, I don't think that will be a problem.

3 comments: